EMPLOYMENT / CURRENT OPENINGS
Sr. Account Manager, Clinical Integration
Medical Home Network (MHN) is a not-for-profit collaborative that has fundamentally changed how care is delivered. Our proven model of care unites provider communities and diverse healthcare entities around a common goal: to redesign healthcare delivery and transform the way care is managed.
In collaboration with the Senior Director of Care Management, the Vice President, Clinical Integration and Innovation and MHN Chief Medical Officer, this position assists with the implementation of the MHN clinical integration plan that creates the business case for providers across the MHN system to work towards achieving a common set of goals to control costs and ensure quality; creates a culture of provider engagement at all levels through employment of evidence-based practices.
· Serves as a leader member of the Clinical Integration Team contributing to the goals and activities of the Clinical Integration division
· Provides account management and oversight to MHN primary care practices; Assists Provider Champions, Care Management leaders and other members at the medical home sites with the continuous implementation of the MHN model of care. Evaluates practices against performance goals and provides direction for advancement.
· Serves as the lead or co-lead of Clinical Integration projects tied to MHN and/or Clinical Integration strategic goals; this spans initiation to completion and includes establishing the vision, project plan, implementation plan, communication plan and creation of evaluation activities related to the project.
· Contributes to the formation and implementation of clinical and operational initiatives using evidence-based practices to drive results across the MHN population significantly improving care and reducing costs.
· Ability to indirectly or directly supervise staff.
· Contributes to the development of the full range of care management tools, health and wellness tools, and techniques including health risk assessments, artificial intelligence, screening tools, and patient and family educational and engagement tools; Assists sites with their implementation.
· Develops and provides education and training of medical home staff, physician and providers; utilizes webinars and collaborative learning models that may be disease, patient experience or operationally focused.
· Builds relationships with community agencies, care delivery and educational partners/contractors; may serve as the liaison to these entities.
· Researches innovative ideas and specific programs and presents findings and develops processes for implementation following approval.
This position operates in a professional office environment, and physical presence and regular attendance are essential functions of the job. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Medical Home Network’s policy is to comply with the provisions of all applicable laws and regulations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, and will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees who are qualified for a job, with or without accommodations, so that they may perform the essential duties of the position.
This is a full-time position that regularly requires a 40-hour work week and that may require long hours and weekend work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At any point during your tenure with MHN you may be subject to a background check in accordance with MHN’s policies and applicable law. You will receive separately disclosure and authorization forms before any such background check is conducted. This role requires criminal background checks, OIG check, and a credit check.
Medical Home Network is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.