Reporting to the VP Client Services and Growth this position assists with the day-to-day operations for a health equity initiative comprising of hospital systems, MHN ACO partners and community-based services providers. He/she is a senior member of the program leadership team and leads program development and management, models of care integration and creates the business case for addressing health and racial equity across multiple provider systems. The Sr. Program Director will be responsible for providing high-level leadership support to develop and drive forward the key strategies of health equity initiatives. This includes the direct supervision and support of all program staff, data management, reporting, advocacy, collaboration work, and strategic enhancements to programming itself. The Sr. Director of Programs will work with a talented team dedicated to serving the community across the health care spectrum.
- Assists the Vice President of Client Services with the operations of the health equity model of care for collaboration members. Serves as the Senior Leader in the absence of VPCSG
- Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders such as MHN Chief Medical Officer, VP of Clinical Integration and Innovation and other key leaders
- Assumes leadership for major program design for the Collaborative Care Model (CoCM) to improve outcomes targeting key health conditions
- Oversees the development of the full range of disease management tools, patient navigation, and techniques including health risk assessments, screening tools, point of care reminders, and patient and family engagement tools
- Supports collaborative providers in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Collaborative Care model and ED Navigator programs
- Contributes to the evaluation and development of technology specifically targeting care integration and coordination functionality
- Supports and develops data-driven decision making
- Oversees collaborative workgroups/committees and provide cross-functional support and communication as needed
- Works with other members of the program team to establish efficient care management, care integration and condition processes that connect the continuum of care at all points of transition
- Maintains responsibility for the documentation and updating of workflows and policies as they evolve
- Contributes to the formation and implementation of clinical and operational quality improvement initiatives using evidence-based practices to drive results across the collaborative population, significantly improving the health outcomes and processes of care
- Contributes to the development of the full range of disease management tools, health and wellness tools, and techniques including health risk assessments, screening tools, point of care reminders, and patient and family educational and engagement tools
- Leads the collaborative’s training plan by interfacing with internal and external resources; providing education and training of collaborative staff and emergency room navigators; using webinars and collaborative learning models that may be disease, patient experience or operationally focused
- Evaluates, manages and refines partner reimbursement structure
- Assists with the management of the Collaborative Committees and Community Advisory Committee
- Assists with the preparation of executive-level reports working collaboratively with data staff, and financial and analytic partners
- Builds relationships with community agencies, care delivery and educational partners/contractors, and serves as the liaison to these entities
- Leads ongoing evolution of innovative strategies, educational offerings and resources to drive program value and outcomes following approval
- Oversees the hiring and supervision of program staff and coordinate program staff development and training
- Manages communications with community leads and establish communication tools and structure to ensure bi-directional sharing of information and process for connecting individuals and institutions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a passion to contributing to a changing health care landscape and improving health care for marginalized communities.
- Demonstrable leadership capabilities with the ability to motivate, achieve results, and provide consulting to healthcaresites
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of systems to improve population health and disease/care management; Demonstrated knowledge and experience with health information systems including analytics and EMRs (inpatient and outpatient)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of delivery processes across the continuum
- Deep understanding of the social determinates of health and the patient experience accessing healthcare.
- Keen understanding of healthcare delivery across the continuum that is patient centered and team-based
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work independently and with a wide variety of individuals. Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to foster teamwork, and collaborative relationships across provider settings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, Social work or other healthcare degree; Master’s Degree in Health Services/Systems Administration, Public Health or Administration, Business; other master’s degrees will be considered as will years of related experience in lieu of a graduate degree.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional healthcare experience. At least 5-8 years of leadership experience as a director, senior manager in a healthcare organization with line responsibility
- Significant experience managing direct staff reports and oversight of program implementation
- Experience working in a healthcare delivery organization, hospital, ambulatory care clinics, physician practices
- Knowledge of academic medical centers, safety net/public health hospitals, FQHCs and physician groups desirable
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to motivate collaborators towards participation in projects and initiatives
- Strong relationship skills
- Proficient computer skills
MHNU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D